i love salt but my kidneys hate me

Friday, May 04, 2007

i don't know how to tell Dylan.

i used
to think i was
in love
with him.

But that
must have been
a different him.
Or maybe a different me.

Because
when i look at him now
i see a friend,
not a boyfriend.

And when he kisses me,
all i feel is
the overwhelming
overness of it.

//

When Dylan cried,
i felt way more powerful
than i wanted to feel.

I started crying too.
I couldnt help it.

And then we hugged each other
tighter than we ever had before,
knowing that we never would again.

//

We said we'd still be friends, but

Whenever Dylan sees me
he pretends he doesnt notice
and he tosses both his arms
around the nearest pretty girl.

Whenever i see Dylan
i kneel down to tie my shoelace
or start searching through my backpack
like i've lost my favourite pen.

When we can't avoid each other
Dylan acts so glad to see me --
only now he calls me sophie.
I'm not sapphire anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home